Education Immersion Center
To do an assignment, first study the resource materials. For some assgignments you will click the "BubbleSheet" button and enter the appropriate Test I.D. # where you will take a quiz or enter answers from your worksheet. For other assignments you may be asked to upload a file or do the assignment by loggin into your iCivics.org account. All assignements in iCivics are tracked and saved inside the software autmatically so you need not upload or enter your answers elsewhere.Note the CIC Late Work Policy applies to all homeworks, all assigments due on a Friday that are not turnedin on time need to be submitted by 7:45am Saturday morning to earn a mazimum of 75% ,turned in thereafter the maximum score is 5%.
click to submit your answers
Officer Training, Mission Prep, Artemis Charger Console Training Mode, Begin Mission
1) Officer Flight Training- you will fly and attempt to land a WWII biplane; fly a sea plane taking off from Caracas airport and land in the ocean; and fly a military fighter jet to stop terrorist combatants.
2) Mind Flex Duel: challange another crew member to a competition of mind control by wearing special head band that allows you to control the floating ball with your mind. Do you have the Jedi power to use the Force to defeat your competitor?
3) Prepare to design a new form of Government on the planet Megara: play the role of a lawyer and present the best arguments to win the case in court ("Argument Wars" game) and play the role of presidential candidate and try to become president in the game "Win the White House" /Due when you come to the 3rd day of the mission
4) A brief 10min. Console Training Mode will occur to familiarize you with your console responsibilities.
5) Begin Mission: with the remaining time, the crew will begin their quest to find th Oracle of Delphi.
1) Aerodynamics and Principles of Flight- do the assignments in the list from Intro to Flight down to Space Flight /Due: when you arrive to the 3rd day of the mission
2) Make sure your Minecraft Spaceship Blueprint is turned in on time, it is due when you arrive to the 2nd day of the mission
3) Finish playing "Win the White House" and "Argument Wars" if you did not complete them in class
Due: Minecraft Spaceship Blueprint
Drafting Board, Mission Quest
1) Drafting Board: poiish your skills creating an argumentative essay. It includes six modules that guide you through the process of understanding an issue, taking a side, and using evidence to support a claim. At the end, you have an argumentative essay with an introduction, body, counterargument, and conclusion.
2) Mission Quest: search for the oracle of delphi while fighting boss battles on various planets in order to win extra Galactic Pesos to add to your GP account for the Minecraft Spaceship Build. Tomorrow in the mission you and the crew will build a fleet of ship's for the Federation in order to establish an outpost on the planet Tantalak 3
1) Complete and submit your Drafting Board argumentative essay if you did not do so in class /Due for when you arrive for the 3rd day of the mission. Log into iCivics.org to complete your essay
2) Prepare to design a new form of Government on the planet Megara: do the assignments in the list above from Limiting Government down to the French Revolution /Due when you arrive for the 4th day of the mission
3) Forms of Government Research- each crew team will take on the task of researching forms of government and make a brief slideshow presentation to the whole crew. The information from the presentations will assist teh crew when its time on the last day of the mission to design a new form of government for the planet Megara /Due when you arrive for the 5th day of the mission
Due: Completed Drafting Boad argumentative essay, Aerodynamics and Principles of Flight quizzes
Mission Quest, Minecraft Spaceship Build
1) Mission Quest: Mission Quest: search for the oracle of delphi while fighting boss battles on various planets in order to win extra Galactic Pesos to add to your GP account for the Minecraft Spaceship Build
2) Minecraft Spaceship Engineering Build: you and the crew will build a fleet of ship's for the Federation in order to establish an outpost on the planet Tantalak 3. You will work in a group of up to 5 people in which you will follow your blueprint and manage a limited budget of Galactic Pesos to buy the required materials (and any extra stuff it you hav the money for it!) and engineer it according to specifications. Teams are competing to win first place and bonus XP and GP for Class Craft
1) Play the game Branches of Power /Due when you arrive for the 5th day of the mission
1) Play the game Executive Command /Due when you arrive for the 5th day of the mission
Due: Assignments Limiting Goverment to French Revolution from the Assignments List
1) Mission Quest: try to rescue the Oracle of Delphi and return here safey to Megara while fending off the Orion Pirates and other hostile groups
1) Complete your Javasript 1 lesson at CodeAvengers.com if you did not finish in class /Due when you come to the 5th day of the mission
2) Prepare your documents and ideas for the Design a New Form of Government activity which takes place on the 5th day of the mission.
1) Government Research- come prepared to explain your groups forms of government. After the presentations, the whole crew will work together to design a new form of government for the Megara society.
3) Branches of Power
4) Executive Command
Mission Quest, Design a Government
1) Mission Quest: the crew will attempt to take the oracle of Delphi safely to Megara
2) Once at Megara, the crew will present to each other brief overviews of various forms of government and then come together to design the features and structure of a new form of government that can satisy the people of Megara.